Transitioning to New Attendance Areas
As you know, planning is well underway for the implementation of the new attendance areas in our Spruce Grove Schools. We wish to communicate with you one of the first decisions relative to this plan and the transitions that will be happening over the next couple of years.
For Current Grade 2 Students:
- Current Grade 2 students designated to New School #2 will remain at their current school until opening (2017-2018).
- Current Grade 2 students designated to Prescott Learning Centre will begin Grade 3 at their new school in September 2016.
- Due to space limitations at Millgrove School, current Grade 2 Brookwood students who are designated to Millgrove School are directed to remain at Brookwood for the completion of their early years (Grade 3 & 4). Under this circumstance, your family will not be subject to a cross attendance transportation fee to continue at their current school for Grade 3 and 4.
For Current Grade 3 Students:
- Current Grade 3 students designated to New School #2 will remain at their current school until opening (2017-2018).
- Current Grade 3 students designated to Prescott Learning Centre will begin Grade 4 at their new school in September 2016.
As well, in order to eliminate an additional transition prior to middle school, current Grade 3 students at Brookwood School (designated to Brookwood School or Millgrove School) will remain at Brookwood School to complete Grade 4. In fall of 2017, these students are expected to attend their designated middle school. Under these circumstances, your family will not be subject to a cross attendance transportation fee to continue at their current school for Grade 4.
For Current Grade 4 Students:
- All current Grade 4 students will move to their designated school for September 2016.
- Students who are designated for New School #2 are directed to the middle years school where an older sibling will attend for 2016-2017 OR to Woodhaven Middle School (if there is no older sibling at another middle school). These students will move to New School #2 upon opening (2017-2018).
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation and the important role you play in assisting with the successful placement of your child. For full details regarding the 2016-2017 attendance areas, please visit the division site.
For more information contact:
Principal, Brookwood School